I don’t think it really matters if you’re a man or a women, we all get nervous on that first date. The problem is that nervousness can lead us to do or say things that we wish we could take back. So, in order to avoid being overly nervous and maybe not making as good of an impression as you’d like, keep these first date tips for women in mind the next time you go on a hot date!
1. You’ve heard this over and over again, but it can’t be said too much: be yourself. If you are interested in getting to know this guy there is no point in acting like someone else. As the relationship progresses you’ll have problems because you’ll either need to continue to act like someone else, or he may not like the ‘new’ you. Be yourself. Don’t pretend you are something or someone that you’re not. Don’t try to recreate yourself for the date just to impress this particular guy. And remember to never, ever, drink too much. That can lead to real problems.
2. Dress attractively but not overly sexy. Unless you’re just looking for a one night stand, keep the cleavage to a minimum. There’s nothing wrong with showing off your body, if you’ve got it flaunt it, but it’s all about how much you show. A little goes a long way, leave something to his imagination. You can be sexy without looking like you’ve just walked in off the street.
3. Don’t play stupid boy/girl games. Don’t be late for your date, don’t laugh at his every joke, unless you think it’s really funny, in other words don’t be fake. Just let your natural smart, funny, sexy self come out and, if he has any sense, he’ll be eagerly awaiting your next date.
4. Don’t be rude and act as if you have something better to do. If you don’t want to go on the date, than call and cancel…politely. If you do go, make sure that you try to be as engaged in the date as possible and if you find you’re not enjoying yourself, excuse yourself early and leave. Just remember, even if you don’t like him and know you’ll never see him again that’s no reason to be rude and hurt his feelings. Be polite and friendly and then escape as soon as you can.
5. Don’t start talking about your ex, your biological clock, your desire to have 10 kids, etc. Obviously some sharing is important so the two of you can get to know one another, but keep it rather light. Don’t cry in your beer over your last boyfriend or your ex-husband. If you’re still that vulnerable you probably shouldn’t be dating anyway.
6. Above all, have fun. We all know that some dates are amazing and some are just a waste of time. No matter which type this date turns out to be it is still an experience that you can learn from. Just relax and try to have some fun!
I hope that these first date tips for women has given you some ideas of how to approach your date and will help you avoid some of your nervousness. Just remember to be safe, and have fun. That’s what it’s all about!