When is the last time you had a cup of joe? Did you make it yourself or buy it from a restaurant or cafe? What’s the best cup of coffee you’ve ever had? It’s time to enjoy that fresh taste in the morning again. Consider the following helpful tips regarding your options with coffee.
- Do not throw away your old coffee grounds. If you have a garden, you can use your coffee grounds as fertilizer for your plants and flowers while keeping the pest away. You can also use old coffee grounds to scrub dirty dishes or clean your kitchen counter instead of using chemicals.
- Do not leave your coffee open any longer than necessary. While preparing your coffee, don’t open the can or bag until you are ready to scoop. Immediately after scooping, close the coffee container. This will keep your coffee fresher longer. It also keeps the flavor and aroma from evaporating in the air.
- Making a great cup of coffee really depends on your coffee maker. It does not have to be the most expensive model to produce a great cup of coffee, but it does have to brew the coffee properly. Look for a coffee maker which will extract all the best elements out of every single bean.
- Pay attention to what type of water you are using to make your coffee. If the water you use does not have a favorable taste, your coffee will not have a great taste either. Also, try to use water with a mineral count to preserve freshness. Using water full of minerals will decrease your chances of brewing bitter coffee.
- To add excitement to your daily cup of coffee or impress dinner guests, learn how to decorate your lattes. Carefully poured milk is all it takes to make an attractive swirl design while more proficient pourers may choose to add chocolate for a more flavorful decoration. When it comes to the more elaborate designs, practice makes perfect!
- To get the best possible coffee, look for the ones that are made of 100% Arabica beans. These beans are of top quality and will give you the best taste after you are finished brewing. Furthermore, these beans preserve their freshness longer so that you can have great coffee for a very long time.
- Iced coffee doesn’t taste so great when the ice cubes begin to melt, watering down the flavor. An excellent tip is to make ice cubes out of coffee or milk, and keeping them in the freezer in zippered bags. They will be handy anytime you want a cold drink on a hot day!
- You should never reheat coffee, as it will just burn the beverage and taste far worse than being cold. Instead, know when you will have your coffee for more than 20 minutes. Have an insulated mug or a thermal carafe handy for these occasions to retain the original heat and warmth.
Take the time out of your day to enjoy that refreshing cup of coffee in the morning. It is a pick me up that you don’t want to miss. So many flavors, so many choices, and you are free to explore your options. Next time you’re in the store, make out like a kid at a candy shop.