Ah, coffee! There is nothing like the aroma of a freshly brewed cup of coffee wafting through the house. However, even if you start off every day with a cup of joe, there is always more to learn about this amazing beverage. Keep reading to learn something new about coffee.
- If you are drinking coffee for the caffeine content, keep in mind that the darker a coffee is, the less caffeine it has in it. This is because the amount of caffeine is diminished when the coffee is roasted for longer. Most people have the misconception that it is the total opposite.
- If you prefer to purchase whole coffee beans, do not grind the beans ahead of time. The longer it stays ground up the less flavor it will have. Don’t grind your beans before you brew if you want to drink good coffee.
- If you want fancy latte decorations without a fancy latte price, you can try making your own. There are various guides online that can get you started. With some practice, you can make latte art as good as any barista using milk and melted chocolate. You will not only save money by creating beautiful latte designs, but you’ll impress your guests too.
- There have been many studies about whether or not coffee is healthy or harmful. Some state that the caffeine in coffee can be harmful unless it is consumed in moderation. Other studies seem to indicate that coffee can work as an antioxidant, and can actually help prevent some diseases such as cancer.
- Here is a great trick to try if you use softened or distilled water to brew your coffee. Just add a small pinch of salt to the pot after brewing. This may sound crazy, but the salt will add a lot of extra flavor to the coffee! Believe it or not!
- Making a great cup of coffee really depends on your coffee maker. It does not have to be the most expensive model to produce a great cup of coffee, but it does have to brew the coffee properly. Look for a coffee maker who will extract all the best elements out of every single bean.
- A wide range of coffees are now available. Dark roast provides a fuller flavor while lighter roasts provide a milder, smoother flavor. Besides the typical roasted coffee, different flavors like chocolate or blueberry are available. Understand, however, that flavoring with creamer may produce better results than using flavored coffee.
- If you live alone, or are the only one in your family who drinks coffee, consider purchasing a single-serve coffee maker. Companies such as Keurig have created coffee makers that use a coffee pod, a single serving of coffee grounds in a small container that fits inside the machine. This type of coffee maker is also useful if you like to drink a different flavor of coffee each day.
Coffee is the fuel that keeps you going through a long, hard day, but you may not have realized just how amazing coffee can be. Now that you have read this article, you should have a new appreciation for this remarkable drink. The next time you are enjoying a pot of coffee, think back on this article.