Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world. You can see that by just how many different ways there are to drink it! With all the coffee out there, you need a few pointers on how to have the best cup. This article contains some great coffee information, so check out these tips.
1. Consider using Stevia instead of sugar in your coffee if you’re watching your weight or suffer from diabetes. Stevia is natural and comes from plants, so that it is going to sweeten without adding extra glucose to your blood and more weight to your body. It can be found in fine grocers and health food stores.
2. Try adding spices to your coffee grounds to create your own “artisan” flavors. Think about things you would add to chocolate if you are having trouble deciding what to try. Start with simple things like cinnamon and nutmeg. You can also do things like adding a little vanilla extract to your cup to enrich the flavor of your coffee.
3. Do not leave your coffee open any longer than necessary. While preparing your coffee, don’t open the can or bag until you are ready to scoop. Immediately after scooping, close the coffee container. This will keep your coffee fresher longer. It also keeps the flavor and aroma from evaporating in the air.
4. Buy whole coffee beans and grind the coffee yourself. Coffee that is freshly ground is much more flavorful and aromatic than pre-ground coffee. Each day, only grind the amount of coffee that you need for that day. If you have any extra, place the leftover grinds in an airtight container in the fridge.
5. Here is a great trick to try if you use softened or distilled water to brew your coffee. Just add a small pinch of salt to the pot after brewing. This may sound crazy, but the salt will add a lot of extra flavor to the coffee! Believe it or not!
6. Water is a critical component when making coffee. If you use bad tasting water to make your coffee, the coffee will not taste great. It is also a good idea to use water that has a mineral count. Unless you do so, the coffee may taste bitter.
7. If you want the best iced coffee that you have ever had, you need to brew the coffee cold. If you do try to make hot coffee cold, you can end up with a pretty awful brew. If you start your brewing right before bedtime, you will have delicious iced coffee for your morning commute.
8. Do not keep your coffee in the refrigerator unless it is in a container that is absolutely airtight. This is important because moisture can cause coffee to become moldy. It is best to keep your coffee in the cabinet where it will stay warm, dry and at its best quality.
Coffee is a delicious, popular drink, and there are many ways to enjoy it. Make sure you are doing a great job with it by using the tips in this article. Think of the tips when you’re thinking about your own coffee, and you will discover that your coffee improves.